The latest operating system from the world’s clear mobile OS favourite Android, the Android Nougat 7.0 is the creating a lot off buzz in the mobile market. Google has already almost completed rolling out its brand new OS to Nexus devices across the world. Along with them, the famed CyanogenMod and a host of other developers have already begun developing different Nougat based custom ROMs such as AOSP ROMs, Lineage OS and other assorted Nougat ROMs. While not all Android phones will be able to upgrade to this latest OS, almost every flagship devices( most of them mobile) will receive this Android update. The remaining smartphone users can make use t flash Lineage OS or Android 7.0 ROMs to actually experience the host of features that the latest version of Android will bring about. The one drawback is that users will have to compulsorily install the necessary Google applications on the target devices.
Aside from Lineage OS, there are several GApps that work with different custom ROMs such as SlimROM, OmniROM, ParanoidAndroid, Resurrection Remix and so on and so forth. When it comes to GApp packages for custom ROMs, it doesn’t get better than Open GApps. It comes in varied packages such as stock, mini and micro to pico, and nano GApps. Amongst all these packages, Pico and Nano are touted to be the best and come included with Google Play store and associated services. These enable you to download any Google app desired using the Play Store provided by Google.
Procedure to install Android 7.0 Nougat GApps on Lineage OS ROMs:
1. Download the required GApps package from a reliable and suitable download link and save it on your device storage.
2. Next you will need to boot your respective Android Device into what is known as custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) making use of suitable combination of hardware keys.
3. You will have to Flash Lineage OS ROMs or other custom Nougat ROMs from recovery main menu can be used in the next step
4. Once you are done flashing the ROM, you need to go back to the recovery main menu and tap on the “Install” option and next will have to select the GApps.zip package.
5. Once the above step is done, you have to clear the cache and also the dalvik cache.