Installing the easily downloadable TWRP Custom Recovery allows you to unleash a brand new set of abilities and begin to unlock the true power of your smartphone, all with just a few simple clicks.
Read below to find out everything you need to know about TWRP Custom Recovery before you download, and then follow the steps below to gain all its features for yourself.
Everything You Need to Know About TWRP for Your Xiaomi Mi 5s
TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery system for Android devices which allows you to perform a number of originally unsupported functions to your smartphone, like performing advanced back-ups of your device, flashing third-party and customizable ROMs, and rooting your device.
Download Links for TWRP Custom Recovery
Use these links to access the official version of TWRP to your Xiaomi Mi 5S (Capricorn):
Use this link for version ZCX-TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 5S:
How to Flash Install TWRP?
Follow these steps to use One-Click Installer to download TWRP for yourself:
- Download and unpack TWRP version ZCX-TWR-3.0.2 from the following link:
- Unlock bootloader on your device (you must also have ABD drivers installed on your computer, if you don’t already).
- Reboot your device in fastboot mode. Do this by powering off your phone, then pressing the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously. Keep pressing down until you see the logo for fastboot appear on the screen of your device.
- Use a USB cable to connect your device to your computer.
- In the unpacked TWRP download, you will find a flash.bat file. Clicking on this will cause your device to run the TWRP script, installing the program and automatically rebooting your smartphone in recovery mode.
- TWRP will automatically appear in Chinese, but you can change this by pressing the button in the bottom right corner, touching the icon that resembles a globe, and selected your preferred language.
- From here, choosing to root your device is simple. Follow this path in the TWRP main menu:
Advanced > ROOT > [swipe to confirm]
SuperSU 2.79 will now be downloaded on your smartphone, and allow you to perform all the functions available to a rooted device.
How to Manually Install TWRP
You can also choose to manually install TWRP. Follow these steps to download TWRP on your Xiaomi Mi 5S (Capricorn):
- Download whichever version of TWRP Custom Recovery that you prefer (see any of the above download links).
- Reboot your device in fastboot mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable.
- Move the TWRP .img file you chose to download into the folder containing ADB files. Rename the file recovery.img.
- Open the terminal window from the ADB folder and enter this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will automatically install TWRP on your device, and reboot in recovery mode.
Troubleshooting Error 7 In TWRP
A common error that might appear after downloading TWRP on your Xiaomi Mi 5S is Error 7. Correct this updating your firmware to the latest available version, and then updating your device with TWRP.
Use these links to get the latest versions:
- firmware – 7.7.6.-7.0-CN.zip
- firmware -7.7.12.-7.0-CN.zip