Here is the stock Android ROM for Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo) flashable .zip file. This build based on leaked Xiaomi AOSP ROM v5.1.1 Build 300. This flashable ROM package has been modded including junk apps removed, prerooted, pre-xposed, and pre-gapped (Google apps and services included). It means, you will have essentially everything you will ever need already within this ROM.
Thanks to a senior member on XDA, MrColorbird, who has made this awesome custom ROM possible. Yet, it also is fingerprint-compatible. Using this build, you can replace MIUI and feel sleeker and lighter user experience.
For your information, AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project. The term AOSP ROM refers to custom Android ROM built from the original Google’s Android source code. To cut things short, this kind of ROM will have all basic functions and features of Android with no custom apps – like what Xiaomi, Samsung, HTC (and so on) add to MIUI, TouchWiz, and Sense respectively. However, this AOSP build has been modded with following features.
- Overlapping No-SIM Symbol has been removed
- Redundant SPN Debug Overlays have been removed
- Debug Buttons have been removed from the Recent Apps View
- APK Signature Check has been disabled in the Framework
- Debug applications have been removed
- Fingerprint reader support has been added
- SuperSU (Free) has been pre-installed
- Gapps are bundled
- Xposed is bundled
- Default language / region has been changed to en-US
- Merged SIM Signal Bars
- Translated Fingerprint implementation into several languages
- logd is disabled (as to avoid sdcard logspam)
One thing to bear in mind, installing this you won’t get any OTA updates (this is custom ROM dude). Furthermore, the developer also said it will be updated not in regular basis. Nevertheless, if you are really adventurous being custom ROM addict, installing this ROM is really worth it.
Read: How to install AOSP ROM on Redmi Note 3
You can grab it from its official download link via AndroidFileHost.com or via our mirror download link below :
File name :
Version 5.1.1 build 300 | 1050 downloads | 509 MB