The most common way to install MIUI Fastboot ROM (.tgz) on your device is by using MiFlash – the ultimate MIUI flashing tool for most of Xiaomi devices. However, this may need profound understanding on how to use MiFlash tool including how to install, setup proper settings, and so forth. Shortly, using MiFlash tool is not as easy as using Mi PC Suite (MiPhone) which is currently not being able to flash Fastboot ROM.
Meet the new version of MiFlash tool which currently still in Beta. The Xiaomi Dev Team has released this new build to short long steps short. It should also just need only one click to flash instead of previously few clicks setting up many advanced things. Furthermore, it will also support many recent MIUI devices like Mi 5.
- The flash button is not available if the device cannot be found after clicking the flash button.
- UI display doesn’t match the result bar.
- Force close in some situations.
- Script flashing failed yet Miflash shows success.
- Error popup when clicking the flash button repeatedly.
- It does not support Windows XP.
- Runs on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit system).
- Currently supports Qualcomm-powered devices.
- MIUI devices prior to Mi 3 are not supported.
File name :
Version beta (20160601) | 49654 downloads | 30 MB
File name :
Version beta | 14397 downloads | 30 MB
Also read: MiFlash Tool v20160401
How to install
Step 1 – Download the .zip file containing the installer file from the link above.
Step 2 – Extract the zip file using either Winzip ro Winrar. You should then get MiFlashSetup-Beta.msi file.
Step 3 – Just double-click on that file to initiate the installer.
Step 4 – Follow all through the installation process. Just click Next, choose where will you install it (normally in C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash\), click Next and Next again.
Step 5 – Once done, simply click on the Close button.
That’s it. You can now launch the program by double-clicking on its icon in your Desktop.
Voila! The new Xiaomi MiFlash Tool is ready to use.
What do you think of this tool? Have you tried it? Any issue found?