Are you an adventurous Android user who wants to go to a higher level of just using an Android phone? Are you a person who loves to use a custom Android ROM instead of just using stock ROM? Do you have Redmi Note 3 MediaTek on hands and want to do some magic on it? Meed RaineStorm v2, a custom Android ROM for Redmi Note 3 MTK based on MIUI 8 Developer ROM v6.6.17.
Wait? Are you wondering what are distinctive key features of using this one instead stock MIUI 8? First, the current MIUI 8 is still in China Developer version with no Play Store app and no Google Services installed. Yet, it is also comes pre-rooted with SuperSU per-installed. On top of that? RaineStrom Pro v2 also features following mods :
- Restored Original BOOT.img
- SuperSU 2.74 (root)
- Some Lines to improve battery and smooth
- Nice Icons added
- Amazing boot animation (thanks to @jader77)
- Camera Mod’s
- Dolby Atmos (Amazing Sound, only on FT edition)
- Some nice wallpapers added
- Some Tweaks to improve system stability
- MultiLang (Thanks to Xiaomi.eu)
- Deleted some xiaomi app’s and China app’s
Also read : MIUI 8 v6.6.23 China Developer ROM Fastboot and Recovery ROM.
Yup, it is multilanguage which means you can change it to your default language like English – instead of Chinese.
The developer, MrTomatico, stated that he does not and never include Xposed Framework on his ROM for some reason. However, it is still a very amazing and stunning ROM to be flashed on your Redmi Note 3 Hennessy.
The ROM is available in two editions: the TWRP edition and the Flash Tool edition.
TWRP Edition :
MediaTek SP Flash Tool Edition :
How to install
Installing through TWRP
- Download the TWRP edition .ZIP file into your phone.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Firstly Wipe: Dalvik, Cache, Data, System but DO NOT WIPE USERDATA.
- Install / flash rom zip file as usual.
Installing through SP Flash tool
- Download and install SP Flash tool into your computer.
- Launch SP Flash tool up as Administrator.
- Select download agent file : DA_SWSEC.bin.
- Select scatter in “images“
- Uncheck the Preloader option.
- BE SURE that only is checked this three files: “system” “userdata” “boot“
- Press the Download button.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press Volume down (-) button and connect it to your PC with original USB cable.
- When red bar apear, wait 5 secs and unpress vol (-). Please make sure you see the yellow bar in 9-12 secs.
- Wait the yellow bar to be 100%.
- Disconect your phone from your computer.
- Reboot and enjoy.
So, are you interested? Please kindly share your experience in the comment section below.