TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a popular and phenomenal custom Recovery which is generally available for many Android devices ranging from smartphone, phablet and tablet. The coolest thing about TWRP is its touchscreen-enabled feature. Yup, with this recovery you can navigate to various features by just tapping on your device’s screen instead of using Volume up/down and power button. Yup, I mean it’s just like using your smartphone as usual.
UPDATE: TWRP v3.0.2-0 (newer) for Redmi Note 2 has been released.
- Open Source – Source is hosted on GitHub
- Graphical User Interface – TWRP is designed as a touch friendly visual recovery as opposed to other recoveries which are text based and may only allow hardware key input.
- Theme Support – Custom themes can be imported to enable custom graphics and colors.
- Sideloading support – Connect a USB and load flashable zips from your PC using adb.
- Zip Queue – Flash up to ten zip files at once.
- Battery Indicator – See current battery percentage. (Plus symbol indicates charging)
- Compressed Backups – Save up to 50% space vs other recoveries’ nandroid backups.
- Terminal Emulator – Use commands from recovery mode.
- File Manager – Access files from recovery mode.
- Android Encryption Support – Flash zips with encryption enabled.
- Encrypted Backups – Protect your nandroid backups with a password.
- Selective Backups and Restore – Select individual partitions from nandroid.
- Keyboard Supported – Name your backups.
- USB OTG – Flash zips and restore backups stored on external flash drives.
- Mouse Support – Connect a mouse with USB as a backup alternative to touch input.
- SELinux – Support for ROMs with Security Enhanced Linux
- Repair Filesystem – Attempt to fix issues with damaged filesystems.
- SuperSU – Install root access and superuser app if your ROM is not rooted.
- OpenScript Recovery – Automatically Flash from Android apps.
What’s new in 220.127.116.11:
- Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
- Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
- Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
- Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices
- Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
- Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
- Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
- Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
- Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
- Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)
TWRP for Redmi Note 2: The below version is a custom mod version of TWRP v2.8.7 with support for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. Go ahead download the file below:
File name :
Version 18.104.22.168 | 14842 downloads | 16 MB
File name :
Version 22.214.171.124 | 171698 downloads |