I am not quite sure of why few people want to remove TWRP custom recovery and restore back Mi Recovery on their phone. However, whatever their (or may be your) reason is, here it is a step by step guide on how to restore MIUI Stock Recovery replacing the custom one (like TWRP or CWM) on Xiaomi Mi 3 smartphone. In this guide we will use Mi Recovery v2.0.1 and we will make use of ADB Fastboot interface through Windows based computer. Let’s start.
- Xiaomi Mi 3 device with custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- A PC / laptop running Windows 7/8/8.1/10 either 32-bit or 64-bit system.
- A USB cable to connect Mi 3 to PC.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers (if you have not installed Mi PC Suite or any ADB Drivers yet)
- Download flash-able MIUI Stock Recovery v2.0.1.
- Download ADB Fastboot Files according on your system.
The Steps to Flash
Step 1 – On your computer, do these tasks :
- Extract the ADB Fastboot Files .zip file, and then
- Extract Mi_Stock_Recovery.zip file. You’ll have a file namely recovery.img.
Step 2 – Copy the recovery.img file into the same folder as where all the ADB Fastboot files are located.
Step 3 – Now press the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on anywhere in that folder. Select “Open Command Window from Here”
Step 4 – The command prompt window will appear. Now reboot your Mi3 device into Fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down (-) and Power buttons simultaneously until you have seen the Bunny Fastboot logo and then release it.
Step 5 – Connect your phone, while it is in Fastboot mode, to computer using its USB cable.
Step 6 – Type this command in your computer.
You’ll see your device serial ID on the screen if your device is connected properly. Otherwise, make sure your USB cable and your USB port are ok or try reinstalling ADB USB Drivers.
Step 7 – Finally, type in this magic command to flash Mi Recovery on your MIUI device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
It shall take few seconds to complete the flashing process.
Step 8 – Finally, you can reboot your phone into normal mode by issuing this command.
Step 9 – Now you can safely disconnect your phone from your PC.
That’s all and enjoy!