Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) has been known for its awesome features and its perfect compatibility to flash SuperSU allowing users to gain root access on their Android devices. Recently, the Developer has managed to release version 184.108.40.206-0 bringing even more awesomeness within. There are two major points of this new version which are :
- Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
- Add Greek translation to some builds.
This article shows you how to flash TWRP v3.0.2 on Redmi Note 2 through Fastboot using simple ADB commands.
- A windows based computer (PC/laptop).
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Driver (if you haven’t done so but most MIUI users did).
- Redmi Note 2 device.
- Download TWRP v3.0.2-0 flashable .img file into your computer.
P.s – newer version has been released : download TWRP v3.0.2-1.
- Download ADB Drivers package into your computer.
- A USB Cable – the one comes with your device.
- Flashing custom recovery is not really recommended unless you know what you are up to;
- We will hold no responsibility of any risks or effects caused by this tutorial.
- Proceed with your own risks.
How to Flash TWRP
Step 1 – Download, extract, and install ADB Drivers into your computer. However, you don’t have install ADB Drivers again if you have previously installed either Mi PC Suite or another ADB Drivers.
Step 2 – Enable USB Debugging on your device. Doing so is easy: simply go to Settings >> About Phone >> tap 7 -10 time on the MIUI version. That will activate Developer Options menu. Now go to Settings >> Developer Options then enable USB Debugging.
Step 3 – Download TWRP v3 .zip file into your computer. Use either Winzip or Winrar to obtain the flashable .img file.
Step 4 – Copy the twrp-3.0.2-0-hermes.img file into your ADB folder then rename that file to twrp.img.
Step 5 – Now connect your Redmi Note 2 phone into your computer. Wait for few seconds for your computer to recognize your device.
Step 6 – Now go back to Windows Explorer opening ADB folder, hold down Shift button on your keyboard and right-click. Now choose “Open command window from here“.
Step 7 – In command prompt window, type this command :
adb reboot bootloader
Your phone may ask you to confirm on USB Debugging permission. Simply tap OK.
Step 8 – Wait till your phone reboots into bootloader. Once your phone has been in fastboot mode, type in this command :
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Step 9 – Just wait till the flashing process completely finished. Once done, issue the following command to kick your phone out of fastboot and reboot :
Step 10 – That’s all. Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, after typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo (Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key about 10 seconds then release all key when Boot mode appears) and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.
Do not hesitate to share your experience in the comment form below.