Unlike many other common methods to gain root access, this one requires no computer and no SuperSU. On top of that, it is easy to root as well as to unroot. For you who are so lucky to have Redmi Note 3G model running MIUI 7, this method is really for you. Powered with MediaTek MT6589T octa-core processor and having 2G RAM, this first Hongmi Note variant seems now easy to be rooted. All you have to do are simply downloading the root package and flash it onto your phone. You will need no PC or laptop to gain root access. On top of that, you requires no SuperSU. Unlike rooting through KingRoot -or other similar apps- that’s requires users to install the app, this method installs no app on your phone.
Also read : How to root Redmi Note 3 on Any MIUI 7.
- A Redmi Note 3G device / Hongmi Note 1W (not the 4G one).
- Your device should runs one of following MIUI versions : V188.8.131.52.KHDMICK, V184.108.40.206.KHDMIDA, and V220.127.116.11.KHDMIDD – Global Stable ROM.
- Download the Flashable Root Package .zip file into your phone. Just place it in the root of either Internal Storage or external SD Card.
- Make sure your phone’s battery power still has at least 50% juice.
Warning : We hold NO responsibility of any damage that may happen to your phone as the result of following this guide. Please proceed carefully and responsibly. Make sure you have created backup of your important data.
How to root
Step 1 – On your phone, open up the Updater app. It is usually located inside Tools folder.
Step 2 – Tap on the option icon (three dots at top right-hand corner).
Step 3 – Now tap the “Choose Update Package“.
please do not mind the MIUI version. It’s just for illustration.
Step 4 – Now locate the downloaded .zip file and flash it as usual.
Step 5 – That’s it. Once the root package .zip file has been flashed successfully, your phone is now rooted.
How to grant root access
This method will not install SuperSU. Instead, you will have another option in the Security option. It’s similar to MIUI 7 Developer Build that has this option in the Security app.
Please read : How to grant root access on MIUI 7 without rooting.
Step 1 – Launch the Security app.
Step 2 – Tap on Permission >> then Root Access.
Step 3 – From there, you can see all apps require root access. You can activate / grant root access on any apps you selected.
How to unroot
Step 1 – Download the Unroot package (.zip file) into your phone.
Step 2 – On your phone, go to Settings >> Installed Apps >> Security. Clear all of app’s data.
Step 3 – Now open up Updater app again.
Step 4 – Tap on the option icon (three dots at top right-hand corner).
Step 5 – Now tap the “Choose Update Package“.
Step 6 – Now locate the downloaded Unroot .zip file and flash it as before.
- Some root-only apps like Xposed Installer, Link2SD, and so on, can not be granted root access do SU binaries issue.
- You can then choose to switch to SuperSU if your want. Just download SuperSU app from Play Store, install it, run it, update its binaries at first run, and enjoy.
- Updating MIUI version via OTA mechanism requires you to firstly unroot your phone.
Have you successfully rooted your phone? Please kindly share your experience with us.