Xiaomi had announced recently that MIUI 9 will be available by the end of August 2017. In case that you are a fan of Android-based ROM, then you can relax and enjoy because Xiaomi MIUI 9 comes with lots of performance improvements and new features.
You can expect Smart Assistant, Split Screen Mode, Smart App Launcher & Image Search as some highlighted features that Xiaomi shared online next to release date. Recently, they announced Xiaomi MIUI 9 beta programs where users have the possibility to see the upgraded skin before the stable release. Mi 6 and Redmi Note 4X were the very first devices to have MIUI 9 Update.
Xiaomi MIUI 9 is a key upgrade when compared to its previous version. However, some people may find installation difficult.
That is the main reason why we decided to present you a comprehensive instruction on how to install MIUI 9 ROM.
Things to Consider:
Before you decide to choose to follow our guide, you have to understand that this installation will clean your device data. We advise you to keep a backup for all important data before you start the installation.
- The first thing that you have to do is to install unlocked bootloader as well as Xiaomi USB drivers on your computer.
- The battery on your phone must be fully recharged and not less than 75% in order to avoid frustrating power-off between the processes of installation.
- The next step is to turn on USB Debugging and to download MIUI 9 ROM
Different Types of MIUI 9 ROM
You have to understand that there are 2 different kinds of MIUI 9 ROM:
- Fastboot ROM – It requires special Mi Flash Windows application
- Recovery ROM – You can install it straight through updater application
Now, we should have a look in both Fastboot ROM and Recovery ROM flashing mini tutorial:
Process to Install MIUI 9 Recovery ROM
- The first thing that you have to do is to ensure that your device contains the up-to-date MIUI 8 ROM. Note that, you are able to check that information by going to Settings, then pressing About phone. You will see System Updates, and Check for Updates in order to get the right information.
- Now it’s the time to download MIUI 9 ROM file and to save it in storage.
- Enter App Drawer in order to launch Updater app directly on your device.
- You will see on the app main screen that you need to tap the three-dot menu which is located in the top right corner and when you do it just choose “Update Package.”
- Now the downloaded MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file is useful because you have to choose it from the storage.
- The final step is to confirm. That is everything. The flashing will start in a few seconds. As soon as it is finished, the Xiaomi phone with entering the MIUI 9 ROM.
Process to Install MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM
- The first thing that you have to do is to download and install Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- In the same time find MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM and download it on your computer, too.
- In the next step, you should turn off your device in order to enter into Fastboot mode. You can simply do it by pressing and holding in the same time Power and Volume Down button.
- When the device goes into fastboot mode, you need to connect it to the computer by using standard USB cable.
- Launch Mi Flash that you have downloaded in the first step and enter the MIUI 9 ROM into the address bar.
- You will see the possibility to click “Refresh.” Do it, because that will confirm the connection.
- Finally, you just have to click on “Flash”, and the process will start.
- When everything is finished, the device will boot into MIUI 9 ROM.
We have presented you an easy instruction on how to update MIUI 9 ROM on Xiaomi phone. It is pretty simple if you follow this thorough guide. However, in some cases, you can face some issues, especially after the installation procedure. If that is the case, feel free to comment in the section below. We will try to help you as much as we can.