The most anticipated upcoming flagship phone from Xiaomi, the Mi 5 most likely will be powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and that’s not a rumor anymore since Liwan Jiang has confirmed the information. Liwan Jiang is one of Xiaomi co-founder and vice president which lately confirmed via his Weibo account. Yet, he also informed that Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 now currently entering mass production phase hence the Xiaomi Mi5 is scheduled for launch at Chinese Spring Festival around Februari 2016.
For your information, the Snapdragon 820 chipset will be a “high end” chip built on 14nm FinFET technology, just like Apple’s iPhone 6s processor. Yet, the CPU will have four quadcore 64-bit Kryo CPU. Thus, the new chip is expected to offer 35% faster performance and 30% better power efficiency compared to its predecessor. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with X12 LTE is claimed as one of the most cutting-edge mobile processors ever created. It supports the ultimate in connectivity, graphics, photography, power and battery efficiency.
Snapdragon 820 specs:
- Up to 2.2 GHz quad-core (Quad-core custom 64-bit Qualcomm Kryo)
- Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU (Up to OpenGL ES 3.1+)
- Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP
- Qualcomm Spectra Image Sensor Processor (14-bit dual-ISP)
- Up to 25 MP Camera support
- Up to 4K Ultra HD capture and playback with H.264 (AVC) H.265 (HEVC)
- 4K Ultra HD on-device, 4K Ultra HD output, 1080p and 4K external display support
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Qualcomm WiPower wireless charging
- Snapdragon X12 LTE with Global Mode
- LTE Cat 12/13 (up to 600 Mbps DL 150 Mbps UL)
- Up to 600 Mbps, 256-QAM DL
- Up to 150 Mbps UL, 64-QAM UL
- Carrier Aggregation
- 3x20MHz DL, 2X20MHz UL
- LPDDR4 1866MHz dual-channel
- and more here.
Also meet the Qualcomm’s newly upgraded X12 LTE modem that makes Snapdragon 820 runs LTE-A which unlike previous versions, the chipset will support up to 600Mbps connection speed. That’s surely a HUGE uplift over last year’s 450Mbps record.
Now back to Mi 5, there have been many rumors already saying that the Mi 5 will come shipped with Quad HD 2560×1440 px 5.5 inches IPS screen @ 515px/inch pixel density covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on top of it. With such insane chipset, powerful processor, GPU and crystal clear screen, the Android 5.1 Lollipop will be displayed stunningly.
The flagship phone will also be equipped with 4GB RAM planted under the hood making Mi5 capable to run any apps and heavy games without any lags.
The Snapdragon 820 will also boast Mi 5 camera ability making picture-taking task easier with some quality like DSLR camera. There will be 16MP main camera with Sony Exmor sensor at rear side while selfie one in the front side will have 13MP sensor.
Are those specs will come true? Let’s wait for its official release event. Stay tuned at XiaomiTips.com for further more update about complete Mi5 tech specifications.