Before unboxing the Mi MIX, let’s have a quick look at its specifications: –
1. It offers 6.4” edgeless display with Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio which claims to be the highest on any smartphone till now.
2. It exhibits full ceramic body and Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons. The strength of 8 MoHs hardness is unbeatable and claims to be magnificent. Seamless connectors join Mi MIX’s body without any visible adhesives.
3. The traditional earpiece speaker is replaced by Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, empowering you to attend the calls without the earpiece.
4. The traditional infrared proximity sensor is also replaced by Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display thus contributing in making this device a totally bezel-free.
5. This handset boasts of custom 17:9 display offering a large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys. So, enjoy any video or play any game on this handset flawlessly and experience some thrilling adventures.
6. There is some modification in front camera. A compact front camera which is 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, gradually placed along Mi MIX’s “chin” on the bottom right corner of the handset.
7. The handset has Custom round-edged display which allows us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing encounter.
8. The heart of this flagship is embedded with the topmost processor available in the market. Yes, you guessed it right, it’s Snapdragon 821 processor which is clocked at 2.35GHz. So, you will never feel any glitch or lag while using this handset. Gone are the days when you get frustrated with the time and again hanging issue with your smartphone.
9. To make the handset performance smoother and amazing the Snapdragon 821 is coupled with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 256GB UFS 2.0 storage. Well, the Xiaomi actually unveiled two models of Mi MIX, one with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB UFS 2.0 storage and the other with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 256GB UFS 2.0 storage. Now, you must be wondering how to differentiate whether its 4Gb version or 6GB version. Relax, Xiaomi has crafted the 6Gb version with 18-karat gold rims around camera and fingerprint sensor.
10. The flagship houses a massive 4400mAh powerhouse and supports Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
11. Other connectivity options include Full NFC Functionality, Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi-Pay ready etc to name a few.
12. The speaker is of high quality which produces an output of 192kHz / 24-bit resolution HD audio quality.
13. It integrates GPS high-precision positioning
14.You must not worry concerning the camera as it packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the back with PDAF, EIS, dual tone LED flash proficient of recording videos at 4k resolution and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfie enthusiasts. The camera has several inbuilt specialities which bring photography to succeeding level.
15. The Xiaomi Mi MIX stocks Android 6.0 out of the box topped with Xiaomi’s latest skin version MIUI 8. The combination offers an ultimate smoothness while using the handset. Soon, it’s expected to receive further Android 7.0 Nougat update.
The 256GB version is unboxed. Just watch this, it will blow your mind away.
The packed box resembling 6Gb RAM and 256GB internal storage. A good to go handset and you will never run out of memory. 256GB sounds too much. Even a pro user will find it worth grabbing.
We assure you can’t keep your eyes off as soon as the cover is pulled and you get the first glimpse of the latest flagship edgeless design.
The back cover is also beautifully crafted to match the standard of ceramic body texture of Xiaomi Mi MIX
This picture depicts the USB cable and power adapter section.
Here comes the powerhouse product which is embedded with Quick Charge 3.0 technology. Even a 30 minutes charge can last more than half-a-day.
The charger adapter has an input of 240v AC at 50/60 Hz which draws 0.5A and in return renders an output which is four times that of input or even more.
This pin is used for pulling out the sim slot. All you have to do is to remove this pin from the package and insert it into the hole placed near to the slot. Push gently, the sim slot will eject from inside the handset.
I am unable to remove my sight from this handset. Amazing texture and beautiful finish.
The back of handset holds the rear camera with LED flash and a fingerprint scanner for quick unlock and various security features.
Camera Sample Shots
The camera automatically detects the objects and uses autofocus technology to capture the best clicks every time.
See, when the autofocus is used, the background goes blurred and the main concentration lies on the object which is behind the lens. And the result is in front of you. Looks like the snap is captured using a DSLR.
Well, the camera dominates over other in one feature which is not even unveiled by even the best handset companies out there. This handset is able to produce transparent pictures, Thanks to the bezel-free design and concept. An amazing feature of this flagship phone is transparent pictures
The picture speaks itself. This feature needs no description.